So, What Do You Do With Tools?
1. How familiar are you with hand tools, light electric tools, electrical and plumbing principles, and so on? Familiar with advanced tools and skills
Familiar with basic tools and skills I am currently learning about tools and skills
I forgot most of what I barely learned I was never really too interested.
2. My single most favorite hand tool brand is:
Hako Klein Snap On Channellock Craftsman Exceltra Crescent Wiha Plato Excelite Grobet Lindstrom Vermont American Other?
3. I contract a professional when my home needs:
Never — I do it all myself Anything more than cleaning Painting & carpeting
Painting, carpeting, & drapery Plumbing, electrical & architectural changes.
4. My single most favorite power tool brand — because they are reliable & work well — is:
Skill Stihl Craftsman Bostitch Hobart Woodwright Milwaukee Bosch DeWalt Not any special brand — I buy what I see & works well.
5. Some fix-up projects on my list for this year include:
Fence work, new or repair work Home entertainment center, new or enhancements Exterior painting Home office, new or enhancements Interior painting Kitchen Electrical work Bath Plumbing Garage improvement Room addition(s) None, nothing, nada.
6. About landscaping, including plants, trees and grass:
I hire a service for all upkeep, and flower & tree plantings all year
I hire a service to do weekly upkeep
I do all weekly upkeep
I choose & plant shrubs
I choose & plant flowers
I hire a service for all flower, shrubs & tree plantings all year
7. About contracting and contractors, I prefer to:
Act as my own general contractor
Hire an experienced general contractor
Work on one project at a time to keep it simple